- Helps to address case-mix inequalities in a residency program
- Permits learning minimally invasive techniques in a safe environment without putting patients at risk
- Refreshes techniques for laparoscopic surgeons returning to practice after an extended absence
FLS candidates are
- Junior and senior surgical residents and fellows enrolled in an accredited program of surgical education
- Board eligible/certified practicing surgeons
- Residents and fellows in an accredited program of gynecology, urology, surgical oncology or other program that teaches laparoscopic procedures
- Board eligible/certified practicing gynecologists, urologists and other physicians who perform laparoscopic procedures.
After completion of the self-instructional web-based program, eligible test candidates may schedule the FLS Exam.