1. Edelman DA, Mattos MA, Bouwman DL. FLS Skill Retention (Learning) in First Year Surgery Residents. Journal of Surgical Research 163, 24–28 (2010) doi:10.1016/j.jss.2010.03.057.
2. Mashaud LB, Castellvi AO, Hollett LA, Hogg DC, Tesfay ST, Scott DJ. Two-year skill retention and certification exam performance after fundamentals of laparoscopic skills training and proficiency maintenance. Surgery 2010;148:194-201.
3. Sroka G, Feldman LS, Vassiliou MC, Kaneva PA, Fayez R, Fried G. Fundamentals of Laparoscopic Surgery simulator training to proficiency improves laparoscopic performance in the operating room – a randomized controlled trial. Am J Surg, 199: 115-120, 2010.
4. Castellvi AO, Hollett LA, Minhajuddin A, Hogg DC, Tesfay ST, Scott DJ. Maintaining proficiency after Fundamentals of Laparoscopic Surgery training: A 1-year analysis of skill retention for surgery residents. Surgery 2009; 146: 387-393.
5. Feldman LS, Cao J, Andalib A, Fraser S, Fried GM. A method to characterize the learning curve for performance of a fundamental laparoscopic simulator task: Defining “learning plateau” and “learning rate”. Surgery 2009; 146: 381-6.
6. Scott DJ, Ritter EM, Tesfay ST, Pimental EA, Nagji L, Fried GM. Certification pass rate of 100% for fundamentals of laparoscopic surgery skills after proficiency-based training. Surgical Endoscopy 2008; 10.1107/s00464-0089745-y (online).
7. Ritter EM, Scott DJ (2007) Design of a proficiency-based skills training curriculum for the Fundamentals of Laparoscopic Surgery. Surg Innov, 14; 107, 2007.
8. Swanstrom LL. Fried GM. Hoffman KI. Soper NJ. Beta test results of a new system assessing competence in laparoscopic surgery. Journal of the American College of Surgeons; 202(1): 62-9, 2006.
9. Korndorffer Jr JR, Dunne JB, Sierra R, Stefanidis D, Touchard CL, Scott DJ. Simulator training for laparoscopic suturing using performance goals translates to the OR. J Am Coll Surg, 201:23 – 29, 2005.
10. Stefanidis D, Sierra R, Markley S, Korndorffer Jr JR, Scott DJ. Proficiency maintenance: impact of ongoing simulator training on laparoscopic skill retention. J Am Coll Surg, 202:599 – 603, 2006.
11. Stefanidis D, Sierra R, Korndorffer Jr JR, Dunne JB, Markley S, Touchard C, Scott DJ. Intensive CME course training on simulators results in proficiency for laparoscopic suturing. Am J Surg, 191:23 –27, 2006.
12. Dauster B, Steinberg AP, Vassiliou MC, Bergman S, Stanbridge DD, Feldman LS, Fried GM: Validity of the MISTELS Simulator for Laparoscopy Training in Urology. J Endourol. Jun; 19:541-5, 2005
13. Fraser SA, Feldman LS, Stanbridge D, Fried GM: Characterizing the learning curve for a basic laparoscopic drill. Surgical Endoscopy, 19(12): 1572-8, 2005
14. Fried GM, Feldman LS, Vassiliou MC, Fraser SA, Stanbridge D, Ghitulescu G, and Andrew CG. Proving the value of simulation in laparoscopic surgery. Ann Surg 2004; 240: 518-528.
15. Peters JH, Fried GM, Swanstrom LL, Soper NJ, Sillin LF, Schirmer B, Hoffman K and the SAGES FLS Committee. Development and validation of a comprehensive program of education and assessment of the basic fundamentals of laparoscopic surgery. Surgery 2004; 135: 21-27
16. Feldman LS, Sherman V, Fried GM. Using simulators to assess laparoscopic competence: ready for widespread use? Surgery 2004; 135: 28-42
17. Feldman LS, Hagarty SE, Ghitulescu G, Stanbridge D, Fried GM. Relationship between objective assessment of technical skills and subjective in-training evaluations in surgical residents. J Am Coll Surg 2004; 198:105–110
18. Fraser SA, Klassen DR, Feldman LS, Ghitulescu GA, Stanbridge D, Fried GM. Evaluating laparoscopic skills; setting the pass/fail score for the MISTELS system. Surgical Endoscopy 2003; 17(6): 964-967
19. Keyser EJ, Derossis AM, Antoniuk M, Sigman HH, Fried GM. A simplified simulator for the training and evaluation of laparoscopic skills. Surgical Endoscopy 2000; 14: 149-153
20. Fried GM, Derossis AM, Bothwell J, Sigman HH. Comparison of laparoscopic performance in vivo with performance measured in laparoscopic simulator. Surgical Endoscopy 1999; 13: 1077-1081
21. Derossis AM, Antoniuk M, Fried GM: Evaluation of laparoscopic skills: a 2-year follow-up during residency training. Canadian Journal of Surgery 1999; 42:293-296
22. Derossis AM, Fried GM, Abrahamowicz M, Sigman HH, Barkum JS, Meakins JL. Development of a model for training and evaluation of laparoscopic skills. American Journal of Surgery 1998; Vol.175: 482-487
23. Derossis AM, Bothwell J Sigman HH, Fried GM. The effects of practice on performance in a laparoscopic simulator. Surgical Endoscopy 1998; 12: 1117-1120